Monday, March 1, 2010

Hey everyone,

My week was great! Elder Teh of the Seventy came on Tuesday and that was great. I even got a hug from him. He was giving an example of how Satan will hold us and won't let us go if we go to places where he is at. He tempted me with chocolate; I got the chocolate but then he put his arms around me and wouldn't let me go. He had us ask questions but he didn't answer them. He just started teaching what the spirit told him to teach, and he told us to find the answer to our questions through the spirit. It was really cool! He didn't come out and answer my question but I still got an answer by the spirit.

We had two baptisms on Saturday. I got to do one of them; he is really great. He said in his testimony that he used to think that all he had to do was have faith in Christ but now he realizes that he has to be in the true church with the authority of the Lord. I'm really hoping he will be on a mission in a year. I realized, again, how lucky we are back home. My companion and I spent a lot of time just getting things organized for the baptism and without cars or cellphones it makes it so hard. We didn't even know how to get one of the guys being baptized to the baptism because they didn't have money for the bus. But of course, the Lord provides a way.

On Saturday, Jon Schmidt came! If you don't know who he is....shame on you (just kidding) he is an amazing pianist! It was a fireside so it was more of a spiritual event than a concert. He also brought Steven Sharp who is amazing at playing the cello. They were here for a fund raiser and wanted to play for us; they were so amazing. At the end they played "I am a Child of God," and they were so incredible! They didn't have music, hadn't practiced it, and were improvising but it was so good. They are also very strong in the church. They told us to pray for help with everything, even if it's just practicing the piano. We really can't do anything by ourselves and if we ask for the Lord's help we are blessed so much. I've started doing it and I feel like it's helped me so much. It helps you have the spirit, focus on the Lord, and you are blessed in whatever you are doing.

Well that's about it for this week. Thank you for your letters; I love you all!

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment