Monday, May 3, 2010

Hello everyone :)

Ever since I got here we have been in a drought, but this week it finally started to rain as we are getting close to the rainy season. I think I saw more rain in one day than I see in a year back home. I went and got an umbrella but I was still soaking wet from my knees down, and people say that's not even bad... I love the Philippines :)

We were over at a recent convert's home this week when the mom started telling us about her feelings when we first came to her door. It was completely directed by the Lord that we went to their house at that time because the dad is only home for half a day every week; which means most of the time we wouldn't be able to go in and teach because there is no other male. However, we were directed by the Lord and we taught them. The mom told us that when we came and taught, she realized that we had something--a promise of happiness that she had been missing her whole life. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share this wonderful message everyday to these people that I love. Just the other day, I was inspired to give a scripture to a past investigator. We followed up with her to see if she had read it or not and as we talked to her about the scripture, it led us to find her concern and why she stopped investigating. She is now praying to find out if our message is true.

I love you all and you are in my prayers. Thank you for your prayers in my behalf in the Lord's work.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment