Monday, May 10, 2010

Hey everyone,

It was great to call home and have a chance to talk to my family. I've got to keep this pretty short. Today we aren't allowed to work because of the elections here. I can't wait for the elections to be over! People drive around with huge speakers in their trucks playing loud music and yelling who you should vote for. It's been that way for a month now.

We had someone get baptized two weeks ago but he couldn't come to church to get confirmed because he got really sick. We went to his house on Sunday to make sure he was coming, but someone in his family had died so he said he wasn't coming which meant we would have had to re-baptize him. It's amazing how Satan tries to stop people from doing what's right. I bore my testimony to him and he decided to go for 15 minutes to get confirmed; we barely made it in time. After he was confirmed, we expected him to leave and go back to his family, but with tears in his eyes, he sat down next to us and said he wanted to stay. It's so amazing here and I love serving the Lord everyday and seeing how He blesses their lives.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment