Monday, April 26, 2010

Hi everyone,

Subrung balis ang mga lingo dito (the weeks are so fast here)! It's crazy the week is already over, but it's been a good week. It started out a little weird when we got kicked out of our apartment. Our floor was so bad that if you were writing on the table and someone walked by, the table would bounce up and you would end up scribbling; I know from experience. So we had to move to the zone leader's home for a few days while they re-did our apartment floor. It really messed up our working schedule which was frustrating. It gets really annoying when you don't get the work done that you want to.

On Saturday, we had a baptism for a father which means the whole family was baptized. They are an amazing family. I had the honor of performing the baptism for the father, and when he got up to bear his testimony I was trying to listen really hard to understand all of his Tagalog. I understood just about everything; more than I ever have before which was great. I can't describe the feeling you get when someone stands and thanks you personally for changing their life and giving them the greatest thing in this world. It wasn't anything I did, but it is an amazing opportunity to be an instrument in the Lord's hands and doing this great work. I love this gospel and the opportunity I have to share it everyday.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment