Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Hi everyone,

This week was really good; we had a baptism. It was an investigator who had been investigating for over a year but we finally got her ready for baptism and it was great. She will be a great member; she has a lot of faith. I got to work with the teaching assistants this week and it was good to see how they teach so that I can apply it to my own teachings and be a more effective missionary.

We went out finding in the mountains yesterday; it's really cool. The only sound out there was the wind and birds which is a LOT different than how it normally is here. No one was at their homes but before we left, a member came out of no where and started to help us. They took us to a friend's house and we had a really good lesson with them and we are really hoping for them to progress to baptism.

So something kind of funny this week: we were teaching a few days ago and I was teaching about how the spirit will testify to us through our feelings. I accidentally let the wrong word slip out; I wanted to tell them that their feelings would be "masaya" (happy) but I accidentally said "masama" (bad or wicked). My companion had to catch himself so he wouldn't laugh and luckily, I realized my mistake and corrected it. Tagalog is pretty fun sometimes :)

Well, I love you all and thank you for all your prayers.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment