Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hello everyone,

Sorry this email is late. The internet was down here. It's crazy; things just stop working for no reason. The power will just go out for hours or the water or the internet; it's crazy. I'm in a town but it's not really nice. There are lots of just houses and if you go past the houses there's just rice fields or "jungle" and mountains. It's a small town but a lot of people. It's way different than any place I've ever been to.

Well it's crazy this transfer is over next Wednesday. I won't be emailing next Monday either because P-day gets moved for transfers. Most likely I'm staying here; I'd like to stay. We have couple missionaries here, Elder and Sister Smith, who are really great. We get to have Family Home Evening every other week at their house. We have a good dinner, a lesson, games, and ice cream which is a luxury here. They are really great. They have a blog it's dvs-manilamission.blogspot.com. On it, they have pictures of us and us singing at our zone conference. You can look at those pictures since I've been really bad about sending any.

Well something cool but kind of bad happened this week; I got sick. I really didn't think I was going to be able to work for the day but I remembered something someone said in the MTC. "Have faith and take the first step." So that's what I did. I said a prayer and took the "first step" out the door. We worked for 9 hours and although I didn't feel 100%, I was doing pretty good. When we got home for the night, right when I sat down in our house the sickness came back. It was cool seeing the Lord help me do His work and answer my prayers.

During the week, we got a referral for a lady; she is 96 years old and wants to be baptized. She is reading the Book of Mormon and she came to church which is a good ways away from her home. It's never too late for someone to come to the Lord. It's so great seeing people receive the gospel here. We have a lot of investigators; the Lord has really prepared these people.

Well I love you all and I'll write again on Wednesday and let you know if I'm staying in this area or not.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment