Friday, April 1, 2011

Hi everyone,

I don't have a lot of time right now; I'm just writing to let all of you know why I didn't right on Monday. No one freak out or anything but I was in the hospital for a few days. I had a really high fever last week, but it got better on Thursday and on Friday, my stomach hurt just a little. The pain wasn't very bad so we just worked the day as normal but the pain got worse throughout the day.

That night I was up until 12:30 with a horrible pain in my abdomen and I couldn't stop throwing up. At 12:30 in the morning I couldn't take the pain anymore so I woke up my companion and we went to the hospital. They had to give me three things of pain killer before the pain went away and then they admitted me. They gave me some antibiotic medicine and I got a blessing and there was very little pain after that.

The doctor didn't want to let me go in case something was wrong so they ran a few blood tests, and I got an ultrasound (don't worry I'm not pregnant) and a CT scan. I wasn't really in any pain unless you pushed on my abdomen but they worried that it could be appendicitis, because they could see from the CT scan that there was a little swelling. We eventually just checked out because we had a meeting in Manila that we needed to be at.

President Howard has decided to transfer me off of Palawan so I can be close to the good hospital in Manila just in case something happens. I'm now working in Pasay with Elder Taylor; we were in the MTC together. This area is nothing but deep city! I went from the rural island of Palawan to deep city Manila, but it is an awesome area.

I've only worked today but I love this place and Elder Taylor is a really good companion. I might get to go back to Palawan but it isn't for sure yet. I think they are going to run a few test here, because the hospital is way more advanced than the last one I was in. So that's what is happening here. Don't worry I'm fine; I'll let you know if anything else happens and I'll reply to all of your letters next week.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment