Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dear Family,

May anak na ako (I have a son)! I found out on Tuesday that I’m going to get to train a new missionary this transfer. He is brand new from the MTC, and I'll be his first companion so in the mission we call that your “anak” or son in English :) I don't know anything about him, because I won’t get to meet him until tomorrow for the first time. I don’t even know if he is American, Filipino, or from somewhere else. We had transfer meetings earlier today, but I just got put with another Elder who is training and we are going to work together today and tomorrow. Then, we will go to the mission home to meet our new companions. I think it would be fun to get an American companion, but that will probably mean everything depends on my Tagalog...

We still haven’t been able to watch conference, so I’m really looking forward to that this Saturday. We are so blessed to be able to listen to a living prophet speak to us. Right after conference, we are going to have someone really special come and talk to us; I will write about that next week. We are really seeing the Lord bless this mission. People are really willing to listen to us and I know it’s because the Lord has prepared them. That’s about it over here; Ingat po kayo :)

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment