Monday, October 25, 2010

Hello everyone,

These weeks are just flying by; I can’t believe it. We really cracked down this week to get a lot of work done and of course the Lord is blessing us. We’ve had several times this week where we were just walking by some people or a house and then felt prompted to stop and talk to them. One of those experiences was with a guy named Alex whom we have only been able to teach twice. He told us during our second visit that the second he saw us he felt like there was something special about us, and he had a desire to come closer to the Lord. We have a lot of great investigators who are accepting baptismal dates. We have two investigators that are ready to be baptized, but they never got married so we are just waiting on their papers then they can be baptized in about a week.

Whenever we work, I learn about gospel principles and the importance of obedience. This Friday morning, I started thinking a lot about obedience and how important it is for us to do this work. Later that night, we went to an appointment, but there was no male that was 18 years old so we aren’t supposed to teach. The situation seemed really innocent and both my companion and I had the thought that it wouldn’t really be bad, but I remembered the thoughts I had earlier that day about being obedient even when you don’t understand why. We decided to go ask someone to sit in the lesson with us as we taught. We found someone who was willing and by the end of the lesson, he was very interested in reading the Book of Mormon.

So that is what is going on with me; I know this church is true, and we are blessed when we are obedient. I love you all and thank you for your letters and prayers.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment