Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hey Family,

It has been an amazing week! The first thing that happened was Elder Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles came and spoke to use at our mission tour! I was able to go up, shake his hand, and tell him where I live which only took about 15 seconds but it was still a really cool experience. That night we had an amazing, spiritual conference. Off the top of my head, I can't recall everything he said to us, but I felt his love and testimony of this work. One of the things that stood out to me the most was when he testified of Jesus Christ. He said simply that he has had so many witnesses from our Father in Heaven that he knows Christ lives and then he said "and I know that you know it too." It made me think about how many spiritual witnesses I have received in my life and how blessed I am to have knowledge of our Savior and Redeemer. When Elder Cook spoke, he didn't say anything mysterious or new, but with the spirit, he testified boldly of what he knows is true. I know he is an Apostle of our Savior Jesus Christ and he is a special witness to us of Christ's divinity.

I've thought about how, as members or missionaries, we have received many special witnesses of the truthfulness of this gospel and we need to stand with boldness and testify of its simple truthfulness. On top of all that, I have had many spiritual and uplifting events happen this week; during Zone conference, our Temple trip, and on Sunday when we had stake conference and had the opportunity to listen to Elder Jensen, who is in the Presidency of the Seventy.

The work is really moving forward in our area and the Lord is leading us with His spirit and helping us find the people whom He has prepared. My companion and I had a really good day this week where we were really in tune with the spirit. While teaching, I opened my scriptures to share a verse and when I looked over at my companion's scriptures, he had already opened to that scripture without me saying that was what I was looking for. Also, while given reading assignments to our investigators, we would both think of exactly the same scriptures.

So that was my week; sorry there aren’t a lot of details, but I don’t have time to write everything that has happened this week. I love you all and thank you for your letters and prayers.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment