Monday, September 20, 2010

Hey everyone,

We had a really good baptism this Saturday where two people got baptized and I got to perform the baptism for one of them. It's amazing to see how the Lord develops the people and prepares them to be baptized. I was able to be one of the missionaries who found them and taught them until they got baptized. At first, they didn't really understand what we wanted, but over time I was able to see their faith grow and watch them gain a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel. The mom has already submitted names for her family members to be baptized in the Temple; she has also begun telling her living relatives about the church.

We also had our interviews this week with President Howard. He told me what he thinks will happen to me next transfer but he still has to “take it to the Lord” so it isn’t for sure yet; but it could be a really exciting transfer :) Most likely, Elder Vail and I won’t stay together another transfer because he is ready to be a senior. Other than that we are just having fun serving the Lord. I love you all and thank you for your letters.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment