Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hello everyone!

It's been another fast week here in the Philippines. I was kind of sad this week when transfers came. I had grown really close to my companion, Elder Velasco. We worked really well together and he taught me a lot of things. I was a little scared about who my next companion would be but I got assigned to Elder Bingham from Idaho. He is my first American companion :) I'm still in my first area which people think is crazy because 6 months is a long time to be in one area but I'll be here for at least 7 1/2 months, and I'm really happy about it. I really feel like the Lord wants me to do some things here before I leave. I was pondering it when I felt impressed about the things I need to do to help this area. I'm really excited for this transfer and the work the Lord has for us to do.

It amazes me how much I can still learn and be humbled by the people of the Philippines. I was working with an Elder in another area a few days ago when I met one of their recent converts. She started talking to me and asked me why I'm so blessed in America when she has so little. It really tore at me as I thought how to respond. I thought about telling her that it's not always easy in America but I realized no matter the trials I had back home it didn't compare to the trials she faced daily; her house is the size of my bedroom and she struggles to feed her family everyday, but despite all that she is happy and has her family. I realized, again, how truly blessed I am not only spiritually but materialistically. It's a great opportunity to serve here; I've been blessed beyond measure!

I hope you all have a good week.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment