Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hi everyone,

This week has been really busy as always. We have been doing really well here in Maragondon. It's amazing to have the spirit with us to testify to our investigators and lead us where to go and what to teach. We were teaching a lesson this week to a new investigator. I was teaching the first vision of Joseph Smith. When I finished, she had tears rolling down her face. I know it was nothing I did. It was the Lord testifying to His children that this church is true. It is so great to be a part of the work. I know it's true and I know it's the Lord's work.

We were doing some finding this week but weren't having much success. My companion decided to just go down a random alley. We weren't finding anyone but decided to try the last house. The guy we found says he has been looking for a church for years but no one can answer his questions. He asked a lot of hard questions but it is amazing how the spirit leads me and my companion. There have been countless times where I would be speaking and my companion would open to the perfect scripture, or if one of us doesn't know what to say the other one easily continues where the other left off. I've had so many ideas and scriptures come into my head that I've never used or thought of before. It is a great experience having the spirit teach through us. One time I just opened the Book of Mormon and felt like I should read a verse, and it was exactly what we needed. Even with my bad Tagalog, our investigators understand. Then after teaching for that day the spirit tells us what we should teach the next time. It has been a great experience.

I love this gospel and I'm so happy to be a part of it! I love you all and pray for you everyday.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment