Monday, February 8, 2010

Hey everyone,

It's been a busy week. My companion and I are staying really busy and finding a lot of new people to teach. The Lord has really been blessing our work as well. In five days we found 30 new people; the standard is 20 for a week. It's great seeing the Lord direct us to the people He has prepared. There were many times this week where my companion or I randomly went to a house or a talked to someone and they let us teach them.

We found a little girl this week and she is so ready for the gospel. When we came to teach her the second time she came running to us and hugged us because she was so excited. It scared me so bad because I haven't had a girl hug me in 5 months. She is only 11 years old but when we go to teach her she tells us about Joseph Smith and that he had the priesthood. We asked her to read Moroni 10 in the Book of Mormon. When we came back, she had read that plus she started reading the first few chapters of 1st Nephi. We almost need to teach her two times a day to keep up with her. One day we came to teach her and she started crying. We found out it was because she accidentally spilled a little water on her Book of Mormon; she loves the Book of Mormon! She sleeps with it and asks for a reading assignment in it even though we have a different reading assignment for her. But of course, Satan does all he can to stop the work. Her parents aren't too sure about her being baptized, but we will pray about it and we are working on that.

I'm so happy to be a member of this true church. I know it is true and I see so many blessings from the Lord everyday when I take the time to look. I love you all and you are all in my prayers.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment