Monday, November 2, 2009

Hey everyone,

Today is the day! I'm finally heading to the Philippines. I'm not at all ready but I'm really excited and I know if I put my trust in the Lord all things are possible.

A few quick things that happened this week: L. Tom Perry came which was really cool, and President Utchdorf was also at the MTC yesterday but no one saw him; I just heard about it from some of the security here.

During my teaching appointment on Thursday I messed up pretty bad. We were talking to the guy about the law of tithing and how important it is. I was teaching, in Tagalog, when I thought of a scripture to have him read. I had him read in D&C 89, in Tagalog. Scriptures in Tagalog are really hard to understand, so it wasn't until later that I realized that I had him read about the Word of Wisdom. After he read it, I continued testifying of the importance of paying tithing. It was pretty funny but I'm not going to make that mistake again.

Well time is sort so I got to go. Sorry this letter is pretty short, there is really not any time to do anything. Also, I'm sorry to anyone I didn't write a letter back to. I appreciate your letters but there just isn't enough time to write back every time, but thank you for your letters. I love you all and hope everything is going well.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment