Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hello everyone,

Well it's been a crazy week. We teach a lot and I'm trying as hard as I can to learn this language so I can teach better. I've gotten to teach twice in English which was really nice. I've had some cool experiences where I've been praying really hard to know this language and in a lesson, I would understand everything that was being said. It has been a testimony builder to me that through the Lord anything is possible.

Again, this week the Lord has shown me how blessed I am. We were in the city for zone conference and we were walking down some stairs and I saw a little boy, probably about 5 or 6 years old, curled into a ball sleeping on the stairs. It was raining so I was wondering why he was just laying there. An Elder told me that he was probably homeless. I can't believe how little people have here.

We had a baptism on Saturday. She is such a great lady; she has a lot of faith. I was going to baptize her; I was all dressed up and ready to go when the Elder that had been teaching her for months (but was transferred) asked if he could do it. Of course I let him, he was the one that taught her everything. I'll just count that as 1/2 a baptism :) just kidding. She gave her testimony afterwards. The only word I understood was "maganda" which means beautiful. The gospel really is. It's amazing and I love it!

I've had trials here but the Lord has taught me so much already. My testimony grows more everyday. I pray we all won't take for granted the many blessings the Lord has given us. I know His hand is in our lives daily.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment