Monday, October 26, 2009

Hey everyone,

One more week! I'll be flying to the Philippines on Monday the 2nd. I leave Salt Lake at 4:50 P.M. and I get to the Philippines at 11:45 A.M. on the 4th. It's going to be a long flight. I can't believe I've already been here for about 60 days. I'm not at all ready to speak the language but I know the Lord will help me when I get there.

Every Sunday during Sacrament Meeting, the branch president picks 2 missionaries to give a talk in Tagalog. You don't know if you could be called so you have to prepare a talk before hand. This week went by so fast I completely forgot to prepare a talk. The one week I forget is the week I get called to speak. I only had a few sentences in english prepared. I got up there and just had to translate what I wanted to say into Tagalog. It wasn't the best talk but I actually did okay. I'm really excited to go to the Philippines and learn this language and teach the people there about Christ. Well I hope everyone is doing good. I know that this church is the true church and I am so grateful to be able to help share this great gospel with others. I love you all.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment