Monday, October 5, 2009

Hello everyone!

Well this coming week has me a little worried. I have to teach the 45 minute first lesson in Tagalog and I'm far from ready. I'm trying to work hard and although I know it wont be perfect or even very good, I know all things are possilbe with the Lord. Someday I'll get this language down, I just pray it's sooner than later :) One cool thing this week was we had SNOW! It was pretty much nothing but I loved it! I really hope we get a lot here before I leave because I won't see it for 2 years.

So this week has been amazing with conference. I loved being able to hear the words of the Lord through His prophet and apostles. It's amazing to think that we have a living prophet to guide us. All the questions that I had were answered during conference. I loved the talk by Jeffrey R. Holland. It is really impossible to think that Joseph Smith made up everything. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that this gospel is the true gospel of Jesus Christ and this is His church. It is amazing to be part of this work and to be a part of the endless blessings the Lord provides to His saints. I could go on forever about conference and the spirit that comes from it and how I know this gospel is true. I am so blessed to have been raised in the gospel and be able to share it with others. I have begun to realize how blessed I am, but also how often I take this knowledge of the gospel for granted. There is endless joy in the loving arms of the Lord. His love for us is endless. He loves us so much he sent His son to die for us. I don't know of any greater love than the love of our Father in Heaven and His son Jesus Christ.

Well I love you all and I hope everything is well. I pray for you and I know the Lord watches over you.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment