Monday, September 14, 2009

Hey everyone! Well this week has been a lot faster but the days are still long. They have a saying here that "a day feels like a week, but a week feels like a day" and it is really true. I thought I was doing a good job learning the language because I understand what is going on in class but the Lord decided to humble me this Thursday. Every Thursday we have to teach the 1st or 2nd lesson to a return missionary, that is easy. We also have a language task. Last week we had to talk and testify in Tagalog to 2 RMs for 5 minutes each. I felt good about what I knew, but they spoke so fast I didn't understand a word, not even the words and sentences I know. I realized I have a lot more work to do.

It is cool seeing the work of the Lord go forth. The Philippines branch for church got so big it got split; we had over 100 missionaries and we have 60 more coming in 2 weeks! A bunch of missionaries are leaving today so last night they sang, "Till We Meet Again" in a different language and it was really spiritual.

I had a cool experience Saturday. We went to the referral center for the first time to call people to see if they got the free item they ordered (like a Bible or DVD). Only one person answered, excluding the one that hung up on me. He had ordered a free Bible so I talked to him about it for a bit and asked him if he wanted a free Book of Mormon. He said he didn't like the idea of modern revelation so he didn't want it. I talked to him some more and testified about it and he said he was interested and he would allow missionaries to bring him one. I was so excited! I'm so glad I got to be a part of it.

Well I miss you all and hope everything is going well.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment