Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hey everyone,

It is the start of a new transfer today and I'm really excited to work with my new companion. His name is Elder Hernando and he is Filipino, but he has lived in Utah for a long time. I have met him a few times before and he seems like he is a really good, hard working elder, and I think we will work really well together.

In my zone, they are going to be opening a new area which means I will finally have elders in my district and not just sisters. That means I will have a bit more to do as a district leader because I can go on exchanges now. I couldn't do exchanges with the sisters last transfer, that’s bawal. It has been fun doing “stewardships” with the other missionaries. I am able to talk to them about the week and their experiences and see how much the Lord is blessing them in their efforts. He really is the one that leads us to the people that He has prepared.

With the change of companions, that means there is always the “going away dinners.” My last companion had been in the area for six months, so when he left, a lot of members wanted to feed him which I was excited about. But when you have three dinner appointments in three hours it creates a problem for a little stomach like mine... To make matters worse, at every dinner appointment, they decided to feed us the exact same meals: chicken and rice. If you know Filipino culture, one plate is never enough, you always have to eat more. So by the end of the night we could barely walk. I'm not sure if it was a good experience or not.

I’m so grateful that the Lord is blessing all of you so much and taking care of you. I love you all and you are always in my prayers.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment