Monday, November 22, 2010

Hello ang mga tao doon :)

First off, the weather here is crazy. We were just walking around in the heat of the day when all of a sudden it started raining really hard, and within 30 seconds, we were soaking wet. I think I'd rather have the nice white snow than the pouring rain.

Despite the rain, we had two people get baptized on Friday. One of them is only a 14 year old boy but he already has a great amount of faith in this gospel. He referred us to one of his friends this week and now that friend and his family are investigating. We've only been able to teach them one time so far but they came to church despite some... hadlangs? I can't think of the word in English... it means they had stuff that would prevent them from going to church but they came anyway.

The members are also starting to help us do the work by giving us referrals. I think about 70% of people that I've been able to baptize, including the two this week, have been from member referrals. Tracting is fun and all but most of those people drop after a week which is sad to see. But when members tell us about their friends, we see a lot more people come to the Lord. We had eight people come to church this week and each one was a referral from a member.

I hope you guys are helping the missionaries back home... hint hint :) Other than that, the time is just flying by; I can’t believe it’s already November 22nd! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you; eat extra turkey and pie for me and I’ll eat extra rice and ulam for you. Ingat.

Love, Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment